- Generic Questions
- Card Application
- Card Reload
- Fees & Charges
- Online Shopping Transactions
- VISA payWave
- Pin & Pay Transaction
- Other Avenues To Resolve Disputes
The FINEXUS VISA Prepaid Card is a cashless payment instrument that allows you to purchase goods and services at all VISA accepting merchants WORLDWIDE. It also allows cash withdrawal at any of the Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) that display the VISA and/or Plus logo.
Funds must be loaded into your Card Account prior to usage. You may only use the Card according to available funds preloaded into your Card Account.
No credit check or bank account is necessary for this Card and it will not be linked to any bank account, as it is a stand-alone Card Account.
The main difference is that this Card utilises the money that is preloaded into the Card Account. Where else a credit card provides a Line Of Credit to be utilised upfront and payment is settled subsequently. A debit card is virtually linked to your bank account where funds are directly deducted from.
This prepaid card is similar to a prepaid mobile account; you are required to have credit in your phone account before any calls can be made. In this same manner, the Card can only be used when there is sufficient credit.
- You won’t go into debt; spend within your means;
- Convenience in making payments for goods or services worldwide at over 24 million merchant outlets that carry the VISA logo;
- Cash withdrawal from VISA and/or PLUS enabled network ATMs; and
- As a VISA cardholder, you will enjoy discounts at various VISA accepting merchants worldwide. For more information, visit www.visa.com.
Yes. You can BUT you must explicitly provide your consent by calling us at +6 03 8318 3100 (9am-6pm (GMT+8) on weekdays excluding public holidays) or email us at email@example.com.
Once we received your consent, you can use the Card for purchases at any VISA accepting merchants and you may withdraw cash at any VISA and/or PLUS enabled ATMs worldwide. This is subject to the availability of funds in your Card Account. *Fees and charges will be imposed accordingly.
To avoid any inconvenience, please ensure that you have sufficient funds in your Card Account before usage. For security reasons, it is advisable that you notify us on your travelling plans in advance by calling the FINEXUS Cards Call Centre at +6 03 8318 3100 (9am-6pm (GMT+8) on weekdays excluding public holidays).
First, you must activate the Card, and then load funds into the Card Account before using. To activate the Card, here are the options:
- If you applied online, login and click on the ‘Card Activation’ button; or
- Call our FINEXUS Cards Call Centre at +6 03 8318 3100 (between 9am-6pm (GMT+8) on weekdays excluding public holidays)
- For latest details, please refer to our website at www.finexuscards.com.
Once the Card is activated, proceed to our Designated Channels to load your Card Account.
Do not forget to sign the signature panel on the back of your card upon activation before carrying out any transactions.
Yes, there are. There some types of transaction whereby the merchant will ‘hold’ your funds for a short period of time, like a refundable deposit. Therefore, the withheld amount will not be available until the merchant releases it. Please be mindful of the following types of transactions and also ensure you have sufficient funds in your Card Account:
Petrol Stations – When you pay at the pump, the merchant will ‘embargo’ RM200 in your Card Account, even though you didn’t pump petrol of that value. The unutilised funds will be released within 24 hours back into your Card Account. To avoid this, best to proceed to the cashier counter and pay the exact amount with the card.
Hotels – some hotels will ask for a ‘deposit’ upon your check-in with payment card. Do ask them how much they plan to take as a ‘deposit’. This amount will be put on “hold”. The merchant will ‘release’ the funds after you check out, but sometimes may take a few days.
Recurring Payment – if you sign up for this, please ensure you have sufficient funds in your Card Account before its due date.
For cash withdrawal, the limit is RM2999.00 per day, subject to ATM’s notes disbursement capabilities.
Otherwise, you can spend the amount that is preloaded in you Card Account. However, your maximum Card Account limit at any one time is RM10,000.00
However, if you intend to make a large purchase with the Card, it is strongly recommended to call/email us prior to making the purchase to avoid any inconveniences.
Yes, please. The following options are provided:-
- Call our FINEXUS Cards Call Centre at +6 03 8318 3100 (between 9am-6pm Monday-Friday excluding public holidays); or
- Send us a notice in writing to FINEXUS Cards Sdn Bhd, P.O. Box 11695, 50754 Kuala Lumpur; or
- Drop us an email notification at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is important that you inform us of any changes in your contact details to ensure that all correspondences reach you in a timely manner.
Your statement of account history is made available on the online portal. You will need to register for the Online Portal access on our Website (www.finexuscards.com) with the email address provided during application. You can view and/or download your monthly statements for the last six (6) months.You may request for a *hardcopy statement for up to seven (7) years by calling us at +6 03 8318 3100 (9am-6pm (GMT +8) on weekdays excluding public holidays).
*Depending on how many months’ statement is your request, statement request fee is imposed based on your monthly statement cycle. This fee will be debited from your Card Account. Please ensure that you have sufficient funds in your Card Account before making the request.
You have 3 avenues to obtain your latest Card Account Availability:
- Login via our website (www.finexuscards.com); or
- Call us at + 603 8318 3100 (between 9am-6pm Monday-Friday excluding public holidays); or
- If you have a Malaysian mobile number registered with us, SMS to us at 63660. SMS Message: <FINEXUS>space<BE>space<last 6-digits of your card number>. Note: there is no hyphen “-” for 6 digits.
Your statement of account history is made available on the Online Portal. You will need to register for the Online Portal access on our Website (www.finexuscards.com ) with the email address provided during application. You can view and/or download your monthly statements for the last six (6) months.
You may request for a *hardcopy statement for up to seven (7) years by calling us at +6 03 8318 3100 (9am-6pm (GMT+8) on weekdays excluding public holidays).
*Depending on how many months’ statement is your request, a statement request fee is imposed based on your monthly statement cycle. This fee will be debited from your Card Account. Please ensure that you have sufficient funds in your Card Account before making the request.
A Malaysian mobile number will enable you to check your Card Account Balance via SMS.
All correspondence from us will only be mailed to your Malaysian mailing address.
If you have any enquiries, please contact us at:
|Address||:||FINEXUS Cards Sdn. Bhd.
P.O. Box 11695, 50754 Kuala Lumpur
|Telephone||:||FINEXUS Cards Call Centre
+6 03 8318 3100 (between 9am-6pm (GMT+8) on weekdays excluding public holidays)
|Fax number||:||+6 03 8318 0761|
- 1. Applicants must be at minimum 18 years of age.
- 2. Applicants must provide their valid residential and mailing address in Malaysia (P.O. Box is not accepted). For non-Malaysian, applicants must provide their valid residential address in alphabet-numeric characters.
- 3. Applicants must submit a valid copy of a government issued identification document (NRIC, Passport, etc.).
The amount depends on the designated channels you choose to reload:
|FINEXUS Cards Reload Agent||Any amount|
|e-Pay accepting merchants (subject to merchants’ acceptance)||RM30.00 – RM500.00 per reload|
|Financial Process Exchange (FPX)||Any amount|
|CIMB Bank Berhad|
|CIMB Clicks & ATMs||Minimum of RM1.00|
|Cash Deposit Machines (CDMs) – notes only||Minimum of RM10.00|
|E-PAY||E-PAY outlets||After 15 minutes|
|CIMB||CIMB Clicks||The next day. Reloads done during weekends and/or Public Holidays will be made available on the next business day|
|FPX||FPX||After 15 minutes|
To use this payment method, you must have a savings or current account with CIMB Bank. You will be charged RM0.50 + GST per successful transaction.
- Login at www.cimbclicks.com.my
- Select “Pay Bills” and Bank Account Number to transfer funds from
- Under CIMB Clicks line, select ‘MAA Cards – Card Reload’
- Key in relevant details
- Click ‘Proceed to Payment’
- Key in TAC (Transaction Authorisation Code)
- Print out acknowledgement page with details of the complete transaction.
To use this payment method, you must have an ATM card with CIMB Bank that is linked to your savings or current bank account(s). You will be charged RM1.00 + GST per successful transaction.
- Insert your ATM card and enter your ATM PIN number
- In the menu, select “Others” and choose “Bill Payment” followed by “Open Bill Payment”
- Key in ’022′ for MAA Cards
- Key in your Card number and hand phone number
- Key in your amount and select the account you wish to make payment from
- You will then see the confirmation screen. Please follow the instructions and your reload will be confirmed.
- For more convenient subsequent reloads, please save the bill under your “Registered Bills” list and the next time you reload, you can select “Registered Bills” instead of “Open Payment”. You will no longer need to key in your Card number as the system will recognise it as a Registered Bill payment.
You will be charged RM1.00 + GST per successful transaction.
Reload via CDM WITH CIMB’s ATM card
- Please follow these steps:
- Insert your ATM card and select your preferred language. If you do not have your ATM card, press any key or touch the screen to proceed
- In the menu, please select Type of Transaction and select “Bill Payment”. Choose “Open Bill Payment”
- Key in ’022′ for MAA Cards
- Key in your Card number and hand phone number
- Confirm your details and “insert cash” screen will be presented
- You will then see the confirmation screen
- Please insert cash and press “Accept” when the confirmation screen is presented
- Please follow instructions and reload will be confirmed
- For more convenient subsequent reloads, please register your MAA VISA Prepaid Card under “Preferred Bills ” list and the next time you reload, you can select “Preferred Bills” instead of “Open Bill Payment”. You no longer need to key in your Card number as the system will recognise it as a Registered Bill paymentt
Reload via CDM WITHOUT CIMB’s ATM card
- Please follow these steps:
- Please DO NOT insert your Card into the machine
- Please press any key on the CDM or touch the screen to proceed
- Select your language
- Choose “BILL PAYMENT” option
- Please key in “022” (MAA Cards)
- Enter your 16-digit card number
- Enter your mobile number (twice)
- View to confirm the details on the screen
- Insert your cash into the slot
- Confirm the number of notes and value deposited
- Keep the confirmation slip for your record.
- Go to selected e-pay outlets. These outlets are usually found at major convenience stores, retail outlets, pharmacies, petrol stations, electronic chain stores and independent retailers.
- Provide Card number and request your reload amount.
- The retailer will verify your Card by swiping it in the E-Pay terminal and load the requested amount.
For a complete listing of ePay merchant enabled to the Card’s reload, please visit www.e-pay.com.my/locator.
- Hong Leong Bank
- Public Bank
- Bank Islam
- CIMB Bank
- Affin Bank
- Alliance Bank
- Bank Rakyat
a) Login at www.finexuscards.com
b) Select “Reload Card”
c) Select FPX
d) Enter your Reload amount
e) Re-confirm the reload amount
f) You will be transferred to the FPX clearing system platform
g) Select your bank and complete the verification process
h) IMPORTANT: To ensure funds are reflected in your card account soonest, kindly ensure you wait then click the ‘Click Here to Complete Your Transaction’ button on the FPX screen.
You may cancel your Card via the following options:
- A notice in writing to FINEXUS Cards Sdn Bhd, P.O. Box 11695, 50754 Kuala Lumpur; or
- Email notification at email@example.com; or
- Call FINEXUS Cards Call Centre at +6 03 8318 3100 (between 9am-6pm (GMT+8) on weekdays excluding public holidays)
(Cancellation requests made via email or call centre must be followed with an instruction in writing).
Upon cancellation request, we will terminate the Card and the Card Account balance will be refunded to you (after deduction of applicable fees and charges) within fourteen (14) business days from the date of request.
For foreigners not based in Malaysia or who will be returning to their home country, we will perform an international transfer to your home country’s bank account. Transfer Fees are chargeable and will be deducted from your Card Account (subject to total funds availability). Our Call Centre Agent will contact you to advise on the Transfer Fee to obtain your consent before remitting.
Please ensure that your latest mobile phone number is registered with us. Otherwise, kindly contact us at +6 03 8318 3100 (between 9am-6pm (GMT+8) on weekdays excluding public holidays)
When shopping online, enter your Card’s particulars at the merchant’s website
You will be automatically redirected to FINEXUS Cards’ authentication page. An OTP will be sent via SMS to your registered mobile phone number.
Enter the OTP at FINEXUS Cards’ authentication page. Click “OK” to complete the authentication process
12. Would I be able to continue shopping online after my mobile phone number has been updated successfully?
- Low-value contactless transactions do not require PIN;
- Transactions performed at terminal not yet supporting PIN will still use signatures.
NOTICE OF GST & FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Malaysian government implemented Goods and Services Tax (GST) since 1 April 2015 at a rate of six (6) per centum.
FINEXUS Cards Sdn Bhd is a GST-registered entity with GST registration number 001 774 137 344, and therefore our fees and charges for all applicable products and services are subject to GST effective 1 August 2016.
a. Standard rated supplies (“SR”) – taxable supplies of goods and services that are subject to standard rate of 6%.
b. Zero rated supplies (“ZR”) – taxable supplies that are subject to zero (“0%”).
c. Exempt supplies (“ES”) – non-taxable supplies.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint or how it was handled, you may refer the matter to either of the following bodies:
1. BNMLINK – a complaint resolution arm of Bank Negara Malaysia.
E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Laman Informasi Nasihat dan Khidmat (LINK)
Tingkat Bawah, Blok D
Bank Negara Malaysia
P.O. Box 10922
50929 Kuala Lumpur
Fax : 03-2174 1515
Website : http://www.bnm.gov.my/bnmlink